|Cost (AUD):||up to $9,995.00|
|Duration:||12 months full time (or equiv part time), subject to clinical placements.|
|Study Mode:||On Campus or Blended Learning (combination)|
|Skills for All Price:||$3990 (Eligible Domestic Learners only)|
Diploma of Nursing (domestic enrolments)
EQUALS International is an accredited Educational Institute which is approved to deliver this qualification through the Australian Quality Training Framework. Students enjoy a supportive learning environment where care and attention is given to their individual needs. Credit for previous nursing/health experience may apply.
The enrolled nurse is an associate to the registered nurse who demonstrates competence in the provision of patient-centered care as specified by the registering authority’s licence to practice, educational preparation and context of care.
(ANMC National Competency Standards for the Enrolled Nurse (2002) pg 3)
Graduates benefit from quality employment pathways and/or may build onto their Diploma by continuing onto undergraduate university studies at any number of Australian universities. This Diploma program provides 12 months credit off most undergraduate nursing degrees.
Note: Students undertaking a Diploma of Nursing must be on the AHPRA student register at the commencement of their course.
Graduates wishing to practice as Enrolled Nurses will need to satisfy regulatory authority requirements upon registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia, for specific registration requirements please visit http:// www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/Registration-Standards.aspx
With a strong focus on developing skills & attitudes towards excellent nursing practice, this program seeks to create a balanced approach to learning within an adult and accelerated learning environment.
Delivery Format/Breakdown of Program Hours
Classroom and Directed Learning, Simulated and
Clinical Placement Experience.
1248 - 1478 hours in total
12 months = 3 x days per week + 420 hours of clinical
placements, part time available by approval.
Please be aware that supply of clinical placements does not always meet the demand provided through ClinEdSA or industry. Students should be aware that EQUALS cannot guarantee commencement dates of clinical placements and some students may experience delays. EQUALS does not accept responsibility in this instance and students should seek advice if they have any concerns.
There are many reasons why people choose to learn at EQUALS.
For over 20 years EQUALS has built a reputation for excellence in industry. Our Nursing and Health Graduates enjoy excellent career and higher learning opportunities.
Our Institute offers a unique level of personal service and customised support. Our friendly team are committed to helping you achieve your goals.
Enrolment Process: EQUALS encourages all individuals to develop their human potential. As an RTO providing vocational education and training, our students reflect diverse cultural, linguistic and career and life experiences. They are people who:
- are between 16 and 64 years of age;
- have a range of academic backgrounds
- have experienced a wide range of work and life experiences
- are Aboriginal & Torres Straight Islander
- are from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse groups
We encourage and celebrate the breadth of diversity represented in our Institute.
420 hours of approved professional experience/clinical placements. Part time available by approval.
Clinical Fieldwork Requirements:
All students will be required to wear an EQUALS uniform or the appropriate uniform required by the workplace. Due to the close personal contact involved with client care in nursing, all students following career paths in this industry must maintain up to date immunisation against relevant disease/infection as outlined in the Guidelines for Health Care Workers in SA available from www.health.sa.gov.au/pehs/.
2014 Intake & Application Closure Dates
|Intake Commencing||Application Status|
|October 2014||18 August 2014|
In order to apply for entry into this program, applicants must fit into one of the following categories...
Successful completion of Year 12 in an Australian secondary school system or its equivalent; or
Completion of a Certificate III or equivalent; or
Mature Age Entry
Important Note: Students must be physically and medically fit to provide nursing care, and must be a fit and proper person to be registered on the register.
Students must apply to be selected into the Diploma of Nursing due to the strict quota on the number of Enrolled Nurses EQUALS can train. An offer of enrolment is not guaranteed.
Individuals accepted into the program must maintain the following throughout their program enrolment.
- Current Senior First Aid
- Manual Handling
- Up to date Immunisations according to the Department of Health recommended schedule for health practitioners.
Current and valid Senior First Aid certificate, Department of Communities & Social Inclusion (DCSI) Screening Check for working with vulnerable people, aged care, and children, plus Physical Fitness are required for this program.
If you do not hold a current DCSI check, you are required to apply through DCSI at the time of application for enrolment at EQUALS. A DCSI check must be acquired prior to industry placement.
Visit www.dcsi.sa.gov.au/services/screening for further information.
Please note that the outcome of your DCSI screening check may affect industry placement opportunities, and that this is at the discretion of placement host facilities.
There are a total of 26 units for this qualification, 21 Core and 5 Electives:
- HLTEN401B Work in the Nursing Profession
- HLTEN502B Apply Effective Communication Skills in Nursing Practice
- HLTIN301C Comply with Infection Control Policies in Health Work
- HLTWHS300A Contribute to OHS Processes
- HLTHIR404D Work Effectively with Aboriginal & TSI People
- HLTHIR403C Work Effectively with Culturally Diverse Clients & CoWorkers
- HLTEN509B Apply Legal and Ethical Parameters to Nursing Practice
- HLTAP401B Confirm Physical Health Status
- HLTAP501C Analyse Health Information
- HLTEN503B Contribute to Client Assessment and Development Nursing Care Plans
- HLTEN504A Implement and evaluate a plan of nursing care
- HLTEN505C Contribute to the Complex Nursing Care of Clients
- HLTEN506B Apply Principles of Wound Management in the Clinical Environment
- HLTEN507C Administer and Monitor Medications in the Work Environment
- HLTEN508B Apply Reflective Practice, Critical Thinking and Analysis in Health
- HLTEN510B Implement & Monitor Nursing Care for Consumers with Mental Health Conditions
- HLTEN512B Implement & Monitor Nursing Care for Clients with Acute Health Problems
- HLTEN513B Implement and Monitor Nursing Care for Clients with Chronic Health Problems
- HLTEN515B Implement and Monitor Nursing Care for Older Clients
- HLTEN516A Apply Understanding of the Australian Health Care System
- HLTFA311A Apply First Aid
- HLTIN403B Implement & Monitor Infection Control Policies and Procedures
- HLTEN511B Provide Nursing Care for Clients Requiring Palliative Care
- HLTEN520B Contribute to the Care of Mothers and Babies
- BSBWOR402B Promote Team Effectiveness
- CHCORGB405D Maintain an Effective Work Environment